Titanosaur in New York – level 2
In Argentina in 2014, people first discovered Titanosaurs, which are dinosaurs. They lived in the forests of Patagonia 100 million years ago.
People excavated one Titanosaur and moved it to New York. It is now in the American Museum of Natural History. The dinosaur is 37 metres tall and it does not even fit into the fossil hall. Its neck and its head run through the doorway into another room.
Around five million visitors a year will see the skeleton of the dinosaur.
The titanosaur ate plants and it weighed around 70 tonnes – that is like 10 elephants.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to see the Titanosaur skeleton?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.