Two-legged Dog – level 2
Tobi is a dog from Texas who was born only with hind legs. However, he is a very happy dog and a lot of people online like him.
Tobi is two years old and walks on his hind legs and does not mind this, but it is not good for him. Walking on his hind legs compresses his spine and could make him paralysed. Luckily, people sent him almost 4,000 dollars for a set of wheels. He will use the wheels instead of his front legs.
People ordered the wheels for Tobi, and he should have them in three weeks.
Difficult words: hind (at the back), compress (put under pressure, push together), spine (the backbone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos