U2 plays in Kyiv subway – level 3
Bono and the Edge are members of the Irish rock band U2; they performed at a subway station in central Kyiv on Sunday.
The musicians said that they were performing at the invitation of Ukraine’s president Volodymyr Zelenskyi, and they called the visit a gesture of support for the Ukrainian people and their leader. The duo performed for 40 minutes at Khreshchatyk metro station in front of a crowd of about 100 people, including fans and uniformed members of Ukraine’s armed forces.
Many subway stations in Ukraine’s capital were temporarily bomb shelters while Putin’s forces tried to capture the city. At the end of March, Russia moved its forces from the city to concentrate them in the east of the country.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.