Upside-down House – level 1
A special house is built in Shanghai. It is upside down. The house features a bathroom, bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living area.
Everything is upside down in the house, even the furniture and the cutlery. Many people are shocked. They lose their balance.
One tourist likes the bathroom the most. There is a toilet in the bathroom. The tourist thinks that the water can fall out of the toilet.
The house is built by people from Poland. It took five months to build the house.
Difficult words: feature (has), cutlery (knives, forks, and spoons that you use for eating), lose balance (they cannot move well).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What inspired the Polish people to build such an unusual upside down house?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos