US hospitals need blood – level 1
The Red Cross says that there is not enough blood in US hospitals. This is a big problem.
They need more people to give blood. Winter and sickness make the situation even worse. If hospitals do not have enough blood, doctors cannot operate. People could get sick or even die. The Red Cross is saying, ‘Please help! If you give blood now, you can win Super Bowl tickets!’ If you give blood, there is an app to see where your blood goes.
Children and other people with serious problems, like cancer, really need blood. To give blood, you need to be at least 17 years old, healthy, and not too light. If you have questions, check the Red Cross website.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the requirements for giving blood and how can you track where your blood donation goes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.