Vaccine Cake – level 2
Last year, a café in Prague, the Czech Republic, became very popular when it made a cake which looked like the coronavirus. Now, the Black Madonna café offers a new cake which looks like the coronavirus vaccine.
The cake has red crosses on the sides and a small vaccine capsule on the top. Inside, there is a sponge base with banana mousse and strawberry-banana filling. Inside the capsule, there is strawberry alcohol.
Customers love the idea and the cake is becoming quickly popular, too. Some people joked online that the café could make a cake which looked like a coffin, which was a traditional Czech dessert. The café wanted to make people happy and remind them that vaccination was a good thing.
Difficult words: capsule (a small case with something inside it), sponge (a light and soft substance with lots of very little holes in it), mousse (a type of dessert similar to a pudding), coffin (a wooden or metal box where people put someone who died).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.