Very Big Nativity Scene – level 3
Craftsmen from the city of Aubagne in southern France joined forces to create a Christmas nativity scene of 3,500 terracotta figures. Apart from the birth of Jesus, it also shows life in a French village.
The tiny figures are called santons and their creation is a popular tradition in France. People hope that the artwork will be certified as a new Guinness World Record by Christmas.
Difficult words: nativity scene (a model representing the scenes of Jesus Christ’s birth), terracotta (clay – a material for modelling), tiny (very small).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos