What to Do in a Terror Attack – level 1
In France, there was a terror attack. It happened in November 2015. 130 people died. Now, French authorities make a video. The video is about terror attacks. The video shows you what to do when a terror attack happens.
It tells you to run away, if you can. Also, it tells you to help other people. The video shows you how. You tell other people about the attack. If you cannot run away, you hide.
Difficult words: was (past tense of “is”), authorities (the people who run a place), hide to (go somewhere where you are safe).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about these instructions?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos