Winter worries doctors – level 1
Doctors worry about this year’s winter. Many people are sick from a respiratory virus called RSV.
RSV is dangerous for small children. It is also dangerous for people over 65 years old. This virus has many symptoms similar to COVID-19 or flu. People get sick from it early this year. Children aren’t around each other during the coronavirus. Their immunity is not so strong. They become easily ill. Many children and older people are already ill.
Many people are also sick from the coronavirus. In the US, 260,000 people get ill every week. More than 2,500 people die from the coronavirus every week. The US president asks people to get medicine to protect them. They must do it before the winter starts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.