Winter worries doctors – level 2
Doctors worry about the coming winter and so-called “triple-demic”. They believe that cases of three big respiratory illnesses will increase again.
This year, the season of respiratory illnesses started earlier than usual. Doctors say that one of the reasons could be the pandemic. Children spent several years without contact with each other, and their immunity is not very strong.
Respiratory syncytial virus RSV affects mostly children under the age of five and adults over the age of 65. Its symptoms are very similar to flu or COVID-19.
The coronavirus is also spreading around the world. In the US, 260,000 new people get tested every week and over 2,500 deaths happen from it. On Thursday, the US president asked people to get the booster vaccine before the winter starts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.