World’s toughest mountain bike race – level 3
Colombian Leonardo Paez won his seventh title at the HERO South Tyrol Dolomites mountain bike race. 39-year-old Paez completed the 86-kilometer race in 4 hours and 33 minutes.
Former German national champion Adelheid Morath won the women’s race by over 15 minutes.
The race happens in Selva Val Gardena, Italy, and it’s the toughest mountain bike race in the world. The valley is an internationally renowned skiing, biking, and hiking area; it is surrounded by the spectacular Dolomites rock towers.
The race has two routes for mountain bikes of 86 and 60 kilometers, and it’s limited to 4012 participants. It features the stars of the international mountain bike universe and amateur cyclists.
The important skills to race are passion and grit, as well as excellent physical condition.
Difficult words: renowned (famous), amateur (non-professional), grit (courage and determination despite difficulty or danger).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos