Drone Saves Two Boys – level 1
Australian lifeguards buy rescue drones. They train on how to use them. When they are training, they get a distress call. Two boys are in danger. They are caught in waves. In one or two minutes, the drone flies to them. A lifeguard controls the drone.
The drone drops the boys a float. They hold onto the float. They swim to land. They are fine.
The drone rescue is faster than a normal rescue.
Difficult words: lifeguard (an expert swimmer who saves people in the water), rescue (for saving people), distress call (a message that somebody is in danger), float (a thing that stays on top of water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.