Floods in China – level 3
Heavy rainstorms have hit parts of eastern China’s Anhui and Jiangxi provinces, leaving residents of several regions trapped and crops destroyed.
Local firefighters are draining the water and rescuing locals. People implemented an emergency plan and are evacuating people to safety.
Difficult words: province (an official area in a country such as China or Canada), resident (a person who resides – lives somewhere), trapped (not able to move because water is everywhere), drain (make water run out), implement (put into effect).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.