Policeman is like a dog – level 3
Police Constable Hutton and hit team from England were involved in a high-speed chase when they used stinger devices to bring the car to a stop.
The four young people in the vehicle started to run away, but quick thinking and one unusual tactic stopped one man from getting away.
The PC was able to bark so realistically that everyone around thought that he had a trained canine with him. The policeman has been the subject of a fair few jokes since the incident, but who cares if people think that you are barking mad if it means that you get your man?
Difficult words: hit team (specially trained police), chase (driving after somebody to try to catch him or her), stinger devices (tools with a lot of big sharp needles), PC (police constable), canine (a dog), fair (a lot of something), barking mad (very crazy), get your man (catch the bad guy).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What unusual tactic did PC Hutton use to stop one of the suspects from getting away during the high-speed chase?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.