Running for Blind People – level 3
Simon Wheatcroft is going to be the first blind competitor to run unassisted in the New York City Marathon using ground-breaking haptic technology that he helped develop, and which he hopes will transform lives.
He had to register as blind at age 17 and he admitted that he had some really bad accidents running alone, as he can only assume that the environment is constant.
The modern technology consists of an armband which emits vibrations to guide him, warn him when other runners are getting close or when there are obstacles ahead.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.