South Koreans eat Russian crab – level 1
Russia attacks Ukraine in February. Some countries do not buy things from Russia. South Korea still buys things from Russia.
Russian things are cheaper. In the past, Russian crabs and lobster are very expensive and rare. Now, people can buy them in supermarkets. The number of visitors of seafood markets doubles.
Some people don’t care about the war. They buy Russian seafood. Right now it is cheap. Many people don’t buy it. They say that it is wrong. They say that the government must not buy things from Russia.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.