Strange Village in Argentina – level 2
Epecuen in Argentina was a lakeside village. People knew it for its saltwater baths.
In November 1985, however, Epecuen came to a sudden end. The town’s lake overflowed and water surged into the town. People had to leave and saltwater covered the buildings by almost 10 metres.
Now, 30 years on, the water evaporated and people can walk through the ruins. The town looks like something from a zombie apocalypse film!
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to visit the village?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.