True Love – Level 1
This story is about a boy and a girl. The boy is from England. The girl is from Pakistan. They meet on the Internet. They start to chat. They become good friends. After months, they fall in love. Everything is fine. They love each other, but something happens. The girl stops writing. The boy waits for her to write.
The boy is waiting for weeks. He is sitting by his computer. Nothing happens. He has a bad feeling about this. He thinks that something is wrong. The boy reads the old messages. He cries a lot. The boy knows that this is the end.
Years pass. The boy starts university.
He doesn’t talk to girls. His heart is closed to girls. However, he sees one girl. She looks special to him. She is beautiful. He thinks that she likes him. He comes to her. He tells her that he likes her. The girl doesn’t like him.
The boy says, “I’m sorry. I hope that you are not feeling bad.”
The girl says, “It is OK. I just love another boy.”
The boy says, “Oh, I’m sorry. You are already taken.”
The girl says, “I am not taken. I only love another boy. We are not together. Something bad happened. I left him. I did not want to leave him. He lives here. I study here because of him. I want to find him.”
The boy says, “Wow! Something like this happened to me, too!”
The girl says, “Really? What is the girl’s name?”
The boy says, “Alisha.” He looks down at the girl’s book. He sees the name ‘Alisha’ on it.
The boy and the girl hug. They start to cry.
The boy says, “Why did you leave me?”
The girl says, “I had a car accident. I was in hospital for a year. It was very serious. I almost died. However, something helped. I was thinking of you. I wanted to see you, and now I’m here.”
Do you like this story?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.