Very old coins – level 2
A climber discovered three Iron Age coins and a Roman coin a year ago. The coins have been at the site for more than 2,000 years.
Scientists came to the site and launched an excavation. They found more coins. They found twenty-six coins so far. Scientists say that this is a very unusual find. This was the first time that coins from two civilisations were found in one place.
People cleaned the coins and the coins will be displayed at a museum.
Difficult words: launch (start), excavation (digging), civilization (a big group of people).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Have you ever found anything?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.